Thursday, April 30, 2009

Recipe Of The Day (April 27)

OVEN FRIED CHICKEN CUTLETS:

(I tried this and Greg & Nathan Loved it..especially as Greg doesnt want to eat fried food anymore)

Prep:15 min Bake: 25 min

1/3 cup of butter (melted) (I used less and worked fine)
1 Tbsp. Dijion Mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup Fat Free Ritz Crackers Crumbs (about 44 crackers)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Small scoop of Italian Bread Crumbs
4 Chicken Breast Cutlets (About 1 1/4 lb.)
(Cutlets are more expensive but it helped out with prep time during a busy week and saving me time from having to flatten regular chicken breast.)

1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Combine crackers crumbs, cheese and italian bread crumbs in ziplock bag.
2. Dip chicken in butter mixture; dredge in cracker crumbs mixture. Place on an aluminum foil-linded baking sheet.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is brown and done.
I served it with potatoes and steamed french cut green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment