Several years have passed since our trip and we still hunger for the quiet little town, the cool weather and GOD's beauty. We are ready to move and my parents have decided they would like to move up there as well. So we find ourselves asking, "why havent we been able to move yet?" "Why cant we just go?" "Why do we have to stay here" "Are we EVER gonna get to move"
I find myself hating the city in which we currently live. Greg finds himself also hating the city, is annoyed with the type of people that live in a huge city, the summer heat here and dreams of the cool weather. I find myself getting sucked into all the bad things a huge city has to offer. The busy unfriendly people who always seem to be in a hurry, The noisey neighbors who never say hello or only speak when they have a complaint. The traffic full of road rage people. The crazy high schools the kids attend. I do realize small town life has draw backs and that it isnt all roses, but it has always been my goal in life to live in the country and small town where people seem to care more, time moves slower, and GOD's beauty is very where I look.
I have now come to understand GOD planted me here in this home, in the this city and I must Bloom Where I Am Planted. If I harbor this dislike for my city and neighbors and long for my dream in Fortuna how am I doing HIS work. So we realize that we have work left to do here first. The Lord so wants to bless HIS children with their hearts desires but sometimes it is in HIS time, not ours. I realize that I could be a quiet moment in someone busy schedule, give them a smile, let them go ahead of me in the grocery line, show grace on the streets. I could be the kind neighbor to the unfriendly ones. Why cant I wave as I go out to the car, show them kindness not dislike. Become more involved in my childrens crazy high school. So we have alot of growing in grace and blooming here to do first.
So we still pray and ask for GOD's help in moving up north. But we also ask for HIS guidance in blooming here in the city. We have found that once we changed our prayers, GOD has shown us ways to make it happen. We set up a budget and will be debt free in 4 years. We also wait the housing market and pray it will be better in 4 years so we can sell our home and move. We discover that Eureka has a survey office that Greg could transfer to. We learn that Nathan would like to attend Humbolt State University and study medicine. Emily would be able to gradute here with her friends. So we wait for HIS timing and continue to learn our lessons on how to improve our attitudes to do GOD's will here. So we will strive to "BLOOM WHERE WE ARE PLANTED"
Here are some beautiful pictures we took of the Fortuna area and perhaps you can see why we fell in love with GOD's Country and would love to live there. Greg and I also pray that you will BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED as well.
The bridge over the Eel River heading into Ferndale. Where all the homes are victorian farm houses and bed and breakfasts.
The Avenue Of The Giants. The redwoods are full of walking trails that I hope to walk hand and hand with Greg and our dogs.
This is the Carson Mansion a local tourist attraction in the city of Eureka. Also on the corner you see a small portion of The Pink Lady victorian another popular tourist victorian. Eureka offers more of the "city" ammenities. Shopping mall for Emily, Movie theaters, a Costco, lots of fast food resturants and blessedly a Survey Office.
This is our dream home in Fortuna. This one is actually for sale in Fortuna. We check regularly and find it is still for sale. Fortuna is located along the coast more. Where some of the homes have ocean views and some like this one back right up to the Redwoods and offer more room to run and play. GOD BLESS AND ALWAYS REMEMBER "BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED"











He makes ALL things beautiful in HIS time
ReplyDeleteI can't blame you for wanting to move to one of those small towns. They are beautiful! And I bet you will someday. Wow...a house that backs up to the Redwoods. I've never been to California, but have always wanted to see the Redwoods.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog!