Monday, May 25, 2009

Family BBQ On Memorial Day

Today we headed over to my mom and dad's house for a Memorial Day BBQ.Normally we all bring dishes over and then BBQ Steaks or Ribs. This year I decided to try my hand at Kabobs. I made steak and chicken (for my sister who doesn't eat meat). They marinated for overnight and turned out GREAT!! Mom was in charge of dessert. She went the easy route as Marie Calendars restaurant near our house had there Chocolate Cream Pies on sale and she picked up a couple.
We all headed outside as the weather was B.E.A.utiful. We find ourselves always over at their house so we can enjoy the beautiful deck and patio we all built last year.
The boys brought out tons of boardgames even. What a blessing they joined us outside instead of playstation inside.
My dad and Greg even relaxed. Greg doesn't want to go back to work tomorrow after 3 days off in a row. Blessedly he was off this weekend as they cannot close the freeways during holiday weekends.
Emily and my mom playing scrabble. Emily has fallen in love with this game. I need to inform my good friend Karen. (Karen you now have someone to play Scrabble with). Here my son Nathan (Left) and his friends Ricky (Middle) and Eric (Right) got to come over and hang out and play board games.

I hope and pray you all had a wonderful holiday weekend and got to spend it outdoors and with loved ones.
GOD BLESS
p.s. Thank you to my sister who took all the pictures for me today as I broke the cardinal rule for photographers...yup you guessed it, forgot to charge the battery. THANKS SIS!!

1 comment:

  1. The deck is lovely and looks like everyone had fun. Nothing better than family get togethers. Yep its back to work for most folks.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete