Sunday, May 24, 2009

Girls Day Out

What I have been up to this Holiday weekend.
Saturday the kids and I were blessed with Greg being home with us since he normally works on weekends. But they cant close the freeways on a holiday weekend so he had a weekend off. So we got in the truck and headed out for a long drive towards the beach. We went shopping, found some great fish stores and out to lunch at our favorite sandwich place and ice cream. The kids laughed so much in the car I was surprised since normally they are arguing like crazy.
Sunday I spent the afternoon with my daughter Emily and my sister Kathy. Kathy and Emily love to go to this place several times a month. I have never gone and boy was I missing out. We had so much fun. I love painting in the sense of painting bedrooms, fine finish work never tried craft like painting, so I thought I would give it a try.
Emily chose a flip flop sandals trinket box. That she painted in shades of blue.
My sister picked a cup cake trinket box.
Emily did this one last time they went.
I picked a butterfly that I will hang in the house and a saltwater fish for my son Nathan who loves fish and has a wonderful talent with his saltwater reef tank.
Me Painting My Butterfly
All done.
I will take pictures of the finished pieces when we go back and pick them up on Saturday once they are fired and glazed. I cant wait to see them all finished.
Monday we are having a BBQ and will share pictures of that next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment